Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The problem with being anonymous


I have so many things I would love to share with you.  Pictures of my children, my lovely little dog, my huge Christmas tree...the list goes on and on.  I took a risk by posting my cupcakes in my last post.  I may have to delete that photo. *sigh*  I could be "found out."

This is the problem with having to be anonymous.  I can only post so much.  In the beginning this was enough for me.  In the beginning I was really, really down.  I didn't care much about any of the things that usually make me happy.

I Googled myself today.  Well, I Googled Blissseeker.  The second hit was my Twitter account.  I clicked next and found a tweet I had made to someone.  I clicked next one more time and found "Rider Of The Storm".  My blog.  It's too risky to get personal.

Perhaps I will start a new blog.  I will secretly follow all of you!  You will never know it's me and then I can show you all of the things I love.  All of the other things, aside from BPD, that make me...me!

Blissseeker xo

9 comments:

John said...

Maybe it's too risky to not get personal. Maybe it's the best feeling to just get it all out there and be free with it. Then again, maybe not, who am I to say what's best for someone else? Carry on my anonymous friend. Carry on.

Blissseeker said...

I agree with you John! Getting it all out in the open would be such a freeing experience. Unfortunately, it would cause problems in my current profession due to the stigma. It would be hard to get 20 something kids to respect me thus affecting the business. I may just start a second blog...I could drop suttle hints so you would know it was me;). That might actually be fun!

Jen said...

I can understand the need to be anonymous. This is my diary. I write stuff that I don't tell everyone. None of it would get me in trouble, but I just want to keep it separate from my friends and family, at least for now.

Blissseeker said...

@Jen Agreed! Just for now;)

Mostlygrocery said...

Get it all out! We're just strangers! Its the best therapy.

-Paul

www.mostlygrocery.com

Anonymous said...

My dear friend, I so understand the need for anonymity, yet though I can be Googled under AlixRites and ultimately my full name which points to my blog, I have still pressed on. People I know personally have read my blog which has only yielded a greater understanding of my mental illness. I know of family members that have my blog url--as to whether or not they read it, I have no idea as no one ever makes any comments to me. And you have to admit, with all of the postings I have made in the last eight weeks, if someone in my family had read it, I'd hear about it!

No one at work, to my knowledge, knows of my mental illness, but that won't stop someone from Googling my full name and finding my blog. For me, now, it's all about getting it all out there in the open. I hope that my blog helps others who stumble upon it, and I'll just let the chips fall where they may.

Blissseeker said...

@Alix My dear, you are so brave. I fear that the people I work with, the people who work for me, will find out about my mental mishap. How can I expect them to ever trust my judgment, to trust my instinct, when they know that my mind does not function the way they would expect a leader's too. I am AMAZING at my job. This I know. However, for others to realize my disability, my secret...could destroy all of the progress I have made. i don't think that I would trust myself either.

UberGrumpy said...

I'm not all that bothered with trying to be anonymous; but if I wanted to, I think I'd set up a second completely anonymous blog.

Er, not that I actually have or anything

Kate said...

I agree being anonymous can be really tough sometimes but hopefully it is worth it!

Kate x

Post a Comment

 
Rider Of The Storm. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino